I write a weekly column for The Independent Florida Alligator, the largest student-run newspaper in Florida. My articles appear every Wednesday in the opinion section of the print and online paper. I draw inspiration from social and cultural trends, personal narratives, news happenings and recent social-psychological findings. I localize big topics like human behavior and sociology for my audience of college students and 20-somethings, and I love every minute of it.
Here are all of my columns to date:
- Let’s embrace the power of romantic comedies
- We are trapped in comment culture
- In defense of nostalgia
- In a world of weak ties, hold on to your core friends
- We’re still afraid to speak up in class
- The good, the bad and the elevator pitch
- Actions will always speak louder than Instagram captions
- We have the power to redefine age on our own terms
- A much needed ode to brick-and-mortar shopping
- Earbuds stop us from embracing the here and now
I’ve also written campus and local news stories for The Alligator.