In May 2016, I traveled with the UF College of Journalism and Communications to Spain and Southern France and was selected by faculty to serve as the head blogger and photographer for the trip.
As just a rising sophomore at UF, this experience was invaluable to my growth as a storyteller. Prior to the trip, I made a blog proposal and pitched ideas to professors and trip leaders. I then created From Gainesville to Gaudí, where I documented our adventures. I also managed an accompanying Facebook page and made videos for each of our excursions. Here are a few of my favorite blog posts:
- Taking It All In: Tapas and Day Trip Tales
- Força Barça: Backstage With FC Barcelona Communications
- Day Trip: Segovia
- MUJI: A Stationery Lover’s Paradise
- La Central: A Bookstore With Barcelona In Mind
- In Full Bloom at the Segovia Street Market